City of White Oak

Alcoholic Beverage Sales

The City of White Oak allows for the legal sale of beer and wine for off-premise consumption only. There is a 200 feet distance provision for churches, schools, and public hospitals for the sale of alcoholic beverages.
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission issues state permits for alcohol sales, including temporary permits. The TABC application must be certified by the city secretary and county clerk prior to submission. The TABC pre-qualification packets and additional information for obtaining state licenses are available on the TABC website.
Additionally the City collects local fees which are the equivalent of one-half of the state fees required for alcoholic beverage sales licenses; for the City of White Oak, one-half of the state fee for off-premise consumption only is $30. Fees are collected at the time the permit application is certified by the city secretary and at the time the permit is renewed. There is also a one-time $150 city permit application fee also due at the time the permit application is certified by the city secretary.
There are certain circumstances that a Specific Use Permit may be required. Please see the zoning ordinance below for information.
Step 1 TABC Prequalification Packet
Step 2 City Permit Application
Step 3 Send to Gregg County Clerk
Step 4 Return to TABC

White Oak Ordinance 2017-06 - Amending Chapter 6; Alcoholic Beverages
White Oak Zoning Ordinance

For further information contact:

Melba Hart, TRMC
906 S. White Oak Road
White Oak, Texas  75693

903-759-3936 Ext. 7024
903-297-3452 fax

City of White Oak, Texas

Contact Information

City of White Oak
906 S. White Oak Road
White Oak, TX 75693

Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM

If you do not have it, download Abobe Reader here.